- I smoke pipes since i was fifteen, when i bought my first one out of admiration for my literary heroes Sherlock Holmes and Gandalf the Grey.
- Despite being a Spaniard, i strongly disapprove bullfighting (as many other Spanish people, by the way); and i dislike flamenco: give me a good jam session any day.
- I write non-publishable poetry and short fiction, and still dream of publishing a novel when i’m sixty-four.
- I wanted to be a basketball player, but had to quit due to height problems. Afterwards, i tried my hand at a high-school choir: after five minutes hearing me singing, the conductor raised her eyes to the ceiling, shook her head and muttered: “this boy won’t be able to sing.” Time has proved her correct.
- I own a copy of Effective C++, 3rd Edition–and have read it.
According to the rules of this infectious meme, i hereby nominate Bill Clementson, Francesc Xavier Noria, Oliver Ansaldi, Ted Dziuba and Steve Jobs as the next rungs of the ladder, and i must warn all of them that, should they decide to break this chain, nothing whatsoever will befall on their heads.